How to deal with the CORONA VIRUS
Hope your week is going fabulous so far. Yesterday, after coming home from a great shabbat service, I started to think about the current situation with the new virus called COVID-19 (coronavirus) and how many people will unfortunately get sick because of this new virus and even died because of lack of information, or because of other health issues. Right now many theories are surrounding the subject – That was created in a lab to reduce the human population; that a bat was infected with this virus and was served in a Chinese restaurant – But the truth is that it doesn’t really matter how this virus was created. The truth is that the virus is out there and eventually will become an epidemic in some countries.
I remember reading some years ago about the Spanish Flu; Don’t worry, the Latino community was not responsible for this Virus. Lol. It was called the Spanish Flu (1918-1920) because the Allies of World War I decided to call it “the Spanish flu,” primarily because the pandemic received greater press attention after it moved from France to Spain in November 1918. It is believed that the death toll was anywhere from 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history. Eventually this pandemic was overcome thanks to the great mines in medical science.
I have also learned that sometimes even nature is involved in this human purge that takes place a least once every generation. So, this is nothing new chaverim! It happens before, and it was overcome.
This is not the end of the world folks. I don’t want you to become afraid or even to start acting very “apocalyptic” because of this new virus. The outbreak is serious, but here in the United States, the odds are that an everyday flu is a much more serious risk to your health. At this point, the seasonal flu carries much greater odds of killing you while in the United States than the novel coronavirus recently identified in Wuhan, China. I Also believe that the extensive news coverage of the new coronavirus outbreak can make the situation seem much worse than it actually is. While the infection is serious, the influenza virus still causes far more illness and death worldwide.
Experts also emphasize that this outbreak is significantly less dangerous than previous coronavirus epidemics like SARS and MERS.
However, there are ways for you to avoid from getting this new type of virus or any other virus, by following simple hygiene’s methods and creating some social distance.
Here are some methods that you and your family can implement in other to be in the safe zone.
- Wash your hands frequently
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1-meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Why? When someone coughs or sneezes, they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene
Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Why? Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene, you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by professional! Not the Media!
Obviously keeping a clean Kosher diet will help tremendously while building your immune system.
People who get really sick because of viruses like the flu and other similar, is because they have a very low immune system. Believe it or not, if you eat KOSHER, your immune system is getting on the right defense mode.
I’ve also learned that when your immune system is not doing its job properly, is because your immune walls are compromise. How can you fix this? By Fasting! When you fast, you create a new, solid immune system. Therefore, when you get sick, automatically your body looses its appetites. This is because your body is shifting in creating a new immune system.
Last but not lease. If you feel sick, stay home! You can always watch us online.
March 12 Update
As we continue to clean our facilities and evaluate our procedures, we want to make you aware of a few more changes during our weekly activities:
- Hand sanitizers have been placed at the entrances of our main worship center, and we’re planning to place more throughout the building in the coming weeks. Our kids’ areas and classes already have hand sanitizer.
- We’re changing the way we serve food items (During covenant meals)..
- We’re removing high-touch items like offering envelopes, Shalom cards, and pens from the worship area.
- We’re encouraging members to give online, via text, or by dropping in-person gifts in the Tzedakah at the doors on the way out of our worship Service.
Again, if you’re sick, or have been around someone who is ill, we encourage you to gather with us through our online campus. There are other great ways you can participate:
- Join us LIVE during regular service.
- Host a watch party on Facebook at facebook.com/theawakeningplaceministries and participate in the live chat in the comments.
- Watch us online via YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/TheAwakeningPlace
If you have any questions or need help with anything at all, you can contact us online here.
Senior Pastor and Moreh